9.03.2010

Life | {wishes and lists}

so... here goes my list of photographic wishes:

{in random order, because i TOTALLY cannot figure out in what order to buy them!}

1. lensbaby
2. 85mm 1.2 (yep! 1.2!)
3. Canon 5D Mark II (debating between this one and a car--the life of a young&married photographer)
4. Fuji Instax Mini 7
5. Lots and lots of awesome props. Blankets and trunks and couches and velvet headboards.
6. Tilt-shift lens (only because SimplyBloom DOMINATES this lens).
7. Lenshood (only to look fancy, because I always have my lens cap in a pocket).
8. 30mm [one-point-something]
9. A flash. (I currently do not use flash, and could go with that whole "all-natural light only", but I KNOW I need one!)
10. An iPad. (cause who doesn't want an iPad?)

but, ABOVE ALL, i must say that i am more than content. i am blessed beyond all measure. rich in love, which stands before all of my deepest desires. God is good, and these things will be added to the business in His timing, without a cent of debt or borrowing. perhaps when i become disciplined enough to penny-pinch and save, i will understand the value of such things.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely. Flash A would be a necessity first... but I LOVE back-lighting with the sun, so I can only imagine I would end up preferring it during my use of flash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most important:
    85mm, tilt-shift, flash (Because it's about the gear, not the camera)

    I think the 85 and the tilt-shift are most worth the investment.
    I also think both would benefit your style the most. I would pray for that 5d though. I think its worth it in the long run but maybe not to buy right now, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only things that I see listed here that can truly benefit a photographer are props and a flash. The lens baby is a really cool lens that has a unique effect and are truly a one of a kind. It can add a nice flare to your shots. With your creative eye you would do great with one. Tilt shift lenses are mainly used to create a miniature effect or correct tall architectural shots. Both of which can be accomplished in photo shop. However if it is an effect or correction you do often it may be worth while. A Full frame camera will decrease the depth of field and widen the field of view of your shots but not much else. A 50mm lens on a 40D looks like an 85 on a 5D. Although to be honest I would wait till Canon puts a real auto focus system on their 5D series before I bought one. The 85mm f/1.2 is a lens that I would STRONGLY recommend renting before buying it. The fringing is ridiculous and I swear the 85m f/1.8 is a lot more suitable for general photography. I am not saying that the 85mm 1.2 is not a unique lens, I just do not think that version 1 or 2 is worth 2 grand. Not to mention that nailing shots on a FF cam at 1.2 takes some serious practice. If you want to play with a full frame camera before you get one just let me know.

    1. Flash.....This single thing can change everything about your photography and open the most doors for you.
    2. Props. Lets face it. They make the shots.

    3. Lensbaby. Its cheap and you would rock it. I would go with the composer version with dual glass optics to start.

    4. Canon 24-70m f/2.8 L Shoot with this enough to see what focal length you use the most and then invest in high end primes. Or you could get a 30mm 1.4 sigma ( not compatible with a FF cam so if you do want a 5D dont get this) and the 85mm 1.8. to match your 50mm.


    Would the Fuji be a prop?

    ReplyDelete