9.10.2010

Family Session | The Joys of Childhood


I'm going to be completely honest. I am falling in love with photographing children. Sure, there's a lot of running and quick camera adjustments involved, but the genuine emotions captured are so worth it.

This session was one I had never done before (and I must say I was a little nervous): a 4-month-old, a 1-year-old, and a 2-year-old. Oh yeah.

But I could not have been more blessed. These kids were adorable and so well-behaved. There was a moment, even, where I asked the two year old to tilt his head, and he replied "like this?" and then politely asked after a series of pictures if he could adjust. Amazing. [Unheard of].

I decided for the first time to lug a piece of furniture out to the middle of a field. Hired my brother and borrowed my dad's truck. The pictures were a dream, so I'm thinking I will add this option to my sessions in the future for a small additional fee. ;)

I am SO delighted to post these pictures. Hope you smile the whole way through.

Oh my goodness. So stinking cute.

She was so adorable.

{i love baby shoes!}

Candid joy just cannot be duplicated.

The picture on the right is one of my favorites ever.

With no instruction, she grabbed a blanket and decided to be cute all on her own. It goes without saying that I went to snapping away, as always.

{baaaaabbbby!}


My big green vintage chair. {Perfect match: adorable children.}
{And, of course, a feet shot!}

The miracle. All three, together, in one shot.


I am a sucker for vintage suitcases. Ask my husband. We live in a one-bedroom apartment, and I came home with two more suitcases the other day. Unbeknownst to him, they work great as T.V. stands, book cases, coffee tables, etc. Haha. 
{They especially work great as props.} 



And the proud grandparents of this wonderful bunch:

{The End.}









Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing..........What more can I say...God has blessed you with an amazing eye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Thanks so much! I just adore these pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what beautiful pictures! Thank you for capturing such special moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are wonderful and capture the innocence and beauty of all three children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful photographs and will be treasured by the family forever. Love the big chair in the field photos.

    Susan Stevenson
    North Pole, AK

    (Sent here by Lizzy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you send me the ordering information when it is ready; I can't wait to order some of these and I know my mom wants to order some too! Everyone I've shown them to just loves them!!

    ReplyDelete