9.09.2011

CREATIVE SESSION // INDIAN SUMMER NIGHT


You're right--that is an incredibly long and artistic title for a blog post. (Perfect title, though.)

Ariel is incredibly artistic. She paints, designs, photographs, and much more! It seems like forever ago, when I was just starting this photography adventure, that I took Ariel's senior pictures. So, when she e-mailed me to do another Creative Session, I was ecstatic. Then she shot me another e-mail with her ideas, propelling me into hyper-excitement about the session.

Ariel is a photographer as well (here's her work), and actually began in high-school on a film camera (something I wish I could say for myself!). So, she has accumulated a plethora of sweet film cameras... those of which she actually uses. To our fortune, the day turned night really quickly due to stormy weather, and at the end of our session, I was forced into using a very high ISO (6400). Vintage, grainy, UO Catalogue-esque. These are a few of [our] favorite things.

I love when creativity springs out of a need for improvisation. There's something liberating about the challenge. What's the coolest thing you could do with what you're given?

Enjoy.












Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. UO uses film photographers. :)

    Nice shoot. Ariel looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete