6.08.2011

LIFE | BRANDING

For those who have been with me from the beginning, you might have noticed a logo-change... or two, or three.

You see, I have always valued design as an essential element of any brand, whether a product, service, or event. As soon as I decided I was ready to market my work, I knew I needed a design right away. I threw some basics together, and slapped them on my blog to be at least minimally marketable to the clients I sought after. Next, however, I decided that it was a good idea to begin watermarking my images (putting my logo on them) for their online presence. I decided the original logo I came up with wasn't functional for this purpose, and re-designed. Long story short, that logo wasn't legible, the next logo was too boring, and the latest logo looked crazily similar to an already very popular photographer. 

Hence, the new branding.

To be completely honest, I wasn't entirely settled with the last branding project. I approached it quickly and with little thought about my personal design taste. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE cursive and flowers and girlyness. However, when I stumble upon a design project that I appreciate, it is (99% of the time) minimalistic, classic, and crisp. I love good, clean design.

. . .

In short, thank you to everyone who has encouraged my creativity along the way! I have had a BLAST discovering my "business personality", and could not be more ecstatic about the end result. I will have new business cards, packaging, and [obviously] online branding. I'll be sure to post pictures when I receive the fabulous business cards from Moo, as well as when I get ready to ship off my first completed package design.

. . .

Have a great day, everyone! 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment