1.07.2011

Wedding | Lance & Miranda

Miranda experienced a pre-wedding crisis (to say the least)--due to extreme weather in the northern states, her photographer was unable to make it to Georgia by the wedding day. Luckily, she was notified of this a few days in advance.

I was SO excited when Ms. Cindy, the owner of Plantation Farms, contacted me about doing the wedding. I am totally not the superstitious type, but with all this talk about "whatever you're doing on New Years day is what you'll be doing all year", I couldn't help but giggle with excitement as 2011 unfolded with a New Year's Wedding leading the way!

Miranda was vibrant. The glances between her and Lance were priceless--their love for each other SO obvious! I loved it. Her dress fit her PERFECTLY, and flowed in the wind beautifully as we started the formal shots.

It was a really rainy, overcast day, but as I've said before I LOVE a good challenge. Her ceremony and reception were located in a barn with a fireplace and natural light flowing in behind them. Beautiful. It was a very "low-lighting" situation, but turned out marvelously with the new, ever-faithful, Mark II. I am in love with the slight vintage grain of these pictures and the excellence, still, in the light-sensitivity of my new camera. Not to mention, I purchased some new presets that I am in love with!

Enjoy, my friends.















Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh Haley these are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SOOOOO much! I was super excited about them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley, you are amazing, wonderful, and a genius! Not to mention how generous you were to come out on such short notice. Of COURSE you will be doing all year what you were doing on New Year's Day! You are blessed by God with a gift and you DESERVE it! "Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full--pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38 NLT. I cannot express my gratitude and awe for your kindness and incredible talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these! and the new logo thing. (:
    i can't wait til you do my wedding! (:
    i love her dress! it's different and does fit her really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! My son and daughter-in-law were truly blessed to have your presence. I thank God you were there because I was so caught up in the day that I came away with only six pictures; hardly enough to remember what a wonderful job my daughter-in-law did in preparing for this magnificent day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete