1.11.2013

ENGAGED // MATT & JESSICA AT PINEOLA FARMS

My relationship with my clients typically starts through email. It is amazing how much I can know about a client just through that initial contact.

For Jessica and Matt--they blew it out of the water. Both of them wrote me page-long emails about their love story, their admiration for my work, and the big plans that were brewing for their wedding day.

I was smitten.

Every letter with them was personal and filled-to-the-brim with excitement, instantly putting me on the same page.

After our coffee meeting (which hardly felt like a meeting at all!), I was sold. Not only are Matt and Jessica one of the sweetest couples I have ever met, they are truly some of the coolest people around. (Matt graduated in May with a degree in photography, and Jessica and I could not be more similar in style and hobbies--when she said mustard yellow would play a large role in the engagement session, I flipped! Mustard yellow is totally--and, yes, specifically--my favorite color.).

//

Matt and Jessica,
Thank you for reaching out to me. Thank you for your immense kindness from the beginning of the "booking" process. The photographer-client relationship can take on so many forms, but at the end of the day I am always delighted when I have been able to capture a couple I feel so invested in--and they in me. The opportunity to make new friends is one of my favorite parts of this job. Furthermore, you two are a light in a dark place. Your demeanor, love for each other, and overflowing love for Christ is absolutely room-changing. Jessica--the way reading the Bible with Matt during your engagement session just overwhelmed you to tears of joy, I can't imagine how much more you will feel the love of Christ distinctly on your Big Day. And that is my prayer. That as you continue to journey towards the wedding day, you will be able to relish the precious moments--the God moments--that occur on the way. Perhaps it's a vendor He's aligned, or the way He has provided, or the overwhelming feeling of love that He has for the two of you. Your wedding day is going to be a tremendous celebration of the love He has poured over you and the love that you share--and I am so excited to get to capture it all.

//


Enjoy, friends.






Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I like the one looking through the window with all its warmth!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Haley, these photographs are stunning! You have been given an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete