1.11.2013

ENGAGED // JOE & EMILY IN ATLANTA, GA

Meeting with Joe and Emily was an experience every photographer would dream of. Emily works as an interior designer for a company in Metro Atlanta, and Joe--an accountant of sorts--was the perfect balance of easy-going and interested as Emily and I talked excitedly about her wedding details.

There are so many ways over the past years that I've been able to relate to my brides. Family, beliefs, careers, location, style... I love getting to know the wonderful ladies who I have the honor of working with! Emily was definitely a bride who I connected with instantly on the platform of style. When she started talking about colors and themes and light... I was smitten. I knew I could be the girl for the job (and hoped she felt the same way!). Indeed she did--and here I am equally smitten with their engagement photos! Just to be girlie for a moment, their outfits were to die for, their kisses were perfectly photogenic (and totally unrehearsed, to my knowledge), and the way they held each other translated perfectly through the photos... a genuine kind-of-love.

A couple of my favorite places played a part in this session that I just cannot leave without mention.

First, my favorite coffee shop, hands-down, Octane at the Jane. If you haven't been there before, go. Tomorrow. Get a latte or a coffee or a delicious from-scratch pastry from The Little Tart Bakeshop. You will not regret it. Matter-of-fact, it just might become your new favorite as well.

Next, we headed on over to my new favorite space to photograph, The Seed Studio. The light--oh, the light--in this place. I couldn't get enough of it. Every little nook designed by Juli Vaughn was perfect. The huge windows, the gorgeous floors, the open space. I am in love. It is a natural light photographer's dream. Not to mention, it's walking distance from Centennial Park--so we were able to walk on over with ease and wrap up the session outside. I seriously cannot wait to shoot there again (and cannot recommend it more highly!)

It is with great pleasure that I finish this fabulous day of Celebrating Engagement by sharing Joe and Emily's sweet Atlanta session with you all!

//

Joe and Emily,
I  meant every word I said. (a) That you two are undeniably made for each other. The way you interact, [cuddle], joke... it's all so organic--so natural. And (b) I am honored to be able to capture a couple with such a distinct love for one another and such an exciting direction for the design of their wedding day. While I get much more excited about capturing two people in love, the artist in me is completely giddy to see what your wedding day will entail. Thank you for the opportunity of capturing this exciting season. I hope 2013 is the best year yet for the two of you and I cannot wait to photograph the Big Day this fall!
//
Enjoy, friends.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Haley- Awesome!! Adorable Couple and all the locations were perfect! I especially love how you captured The Seed Studio! ;)

    ReplyDelete