1.11.2013

ENGAGED // JOE & ALLYSON

I get several e-mails a week for weddings that I am already booked for and it breaks my heart to not be available for everyone's wedding. (The lessons of not being omnipotent or omnipresent... made a sad bad stupid decent attempt at trying to be the photographer for everyone in years past. Let's just say we learn from our mistakes). Thing is, though, I am so grateful to be in an area with some incredible creatives--photographers who I can rest assured pour just as much heart into their work.

All of that being said, while I can't shoot everyone's wedding, it gives me tremendous joy to be able to capture a couple at their fresh, new beginning--with wedding plans full-swing ahead of them, and all of the rainbows and butterflies that being newly-engaged entails--it's a special time.

So, although I wont be the lucky photographer to capture Joe and Allyson's Big Day (because, you know, I'm not omnipresent after all),  I am so very delighted to share the images from our session together.

//

Joe and Allyson,
You two are a phenomenal duo. Just chatting with you during your session, I can tell you have a heart of gold, Allyson. Your demeanor is so inviting and you were such an easy person to talk to. And Joe--you are a creative in law school, which is pretty much mind-blowing. I can tell that you have the combination of determination and gentleness that it takes to be a husband.
Together, there's no telling what you two can accomplish. But accomplishments aside, there's no denying you are perfect for each other. Watching you interact from the other side of the camera was everything I could hope for an engagement session; the way you two looked at one another, laughed with ease, and held each other close (we'll pretend that's not because it was freezing outside!)--your love was so easy to capture. Thank you so much for the opportunity to document this season of your new life together!//

Enjoy, friends.





Pin It!

1 comment: