5.18.2012

GROWING UP // SENIOR / CHELSEA

Growing up is weird. It's new. Exciting. Scary. Difficult at times, easier at others.

Watching your younger siblings growing up is a whole 'nother playing field.
My little sister is a senior
high-school graduate? What???
There are days where I wish I could stop everything I'm doing, go shopping, play worship, act silly with her for hours on end... time just moves too fast. I truly feel it slipping from my hands.

All I know is that I couldn't be more proud of the young woman she's become.

//

Chelsea,
It's a good thing you're not oober emotional like me and mom, because I can't stop crying as I write this letter to you. Our relationship has fluctuated over the years, both of us trying to figure out this thing called life--who we are, our dreams, God's dreams, [boys]... we've been through a lot. I mean it when I say that one of my greatest desires in life is to continue to get closer to you as we grow older. You're my only sister and you'll always have a special place in my heart. I pray that with each year we are able to get closer... becoming more and more like best friends. I really am SO PROUD of you. I can't believe you're a senior... can't believe you're 18 years old. It's just nuts. You're amazing at everything you do... you've far surpassed me on piano skills, and I swear you could master the guitar in one month if you tried.
Pretty much, I swear you could do anything if you tried. I love your silliness, your sleepiness ;), and how incredibly talented you are. But more than anything, I love your heart. You've always been so real, yet so pure-hearted. You are a rock--one of the strongest girls I've ever met. I want nothing but God's absolute best for you. I'm certain He's equipped you for all of the road ahead, and no matter what that entails, know that I am proud of you. That I'm here for you. And that I will always be your sister and friend. I love you more than you could know!
//

Here are a few of my favorites from Chelsea's Senior Session.
Enjoy, friends.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment