8.23.2010

Flash Back | Rachel & Walter

Here's a bit of my story for you.

My Senior Year of High-School, 2007, my parents bought me a Canon Rebel XT for my Christmas/Birthday/Graduation present. It came with a standard lens, and I was AMAZED. It was my first camera ever, and was head-and-shoulders above the typical point-and-shoot. So, out of amazement, I neglected learning more about photography. I thought the quality of the camera itself was sufficient. Eventually I began to notice a difference between my pictures and professionals, a BIG difference. I couldn't quite pinpoint it, but I guessed that it must be the lens. (Again, I had yet to explore my camera past the presets). I decided to be bold and e-mail an Atlanta photographer named Mark Elkins, to ask him where I should improve equipment-wise. He suggested a 50mm 1.4 lens, and it has been my baby ever since.

This is a flash-back photo from the first wedding I ever shot with the lens. (Still on P setting, where you can manage the ISO, and the camera guesses the rest). I love this shot to this day, although I would still make some slight editing adjustments. 

Hope you enjoy, and I look forward to telling you more of my journey in the future.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Haley! Just wondering if your "baby", the lens you speak of is limited to Canon cameras only? What would be the most similar lens to it for a Nikon?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also get a similar lens with Nikon, and it is SOOOOO worth it!

    ReplyDelete