8.10.2010

Wedding | La Nita & Topher


Very excited to finally post these pictures! Hope you all enjoy!

First up, we have the getting ready pictures. I you can easily notice the ease of the guys, and all of the preparation [us] poor girls have to go through! Getting ready shots are often my favorite. It is SO easy to capture raw, candid emotion in the moments leading up to the wedding!

While La Nita finished her hair and make-up, the bridal party began to arrive at the church. Here are a few shots of the pre-wedding excitement!
Some mixed shots of the bridesmaids and groomsmen getting all spruced up. :)

Tears start quickly as La Nita arrives at the church.

Guys getting ready... then chilling. (This first one is one of my favorite "getting ready" shots ever. These guys were stinkin' hilarious).

(Momma)
"The Talk" (F.O.B & Groom)
Back to the ladies. All-time-favorite. "See what had happened was..." the bridesmaids were making a group effort to hold up her dress and zip and such. Needless to say, halfway through La Nita pointed out the awkwardness of such a picture. Exhibit A.

Some shots taken with my old camera and lens.

(Momma)
(Grandma)


Some stunning detail shots of her dress. (Momma lacing).


And, of course, a vintage-edit.

Ceremony.
Because of the lighting in the ceremony, I decided to use my old camera and lens. The pictures have a bit of noise, but it makes them look slightly more vintage. Beautiful, beautiful ceremony. You could feel the joy radiating from friends and family in the room.

(Musician)

(Daddy)
Gotta love those fish-eye shots.

Parents


Just for kicks, I decided to ask the boys to go outside for pictures before the ceremony. It had to be like 120 degrees with the heat index. So, the pictures ended up not working, but I did bust out laughing while observing this shot:
Groom's Pics

Bride's Pics


Ring Shot
I was able to steal La Nita and Topher away to a pit-stop from the Ceremony to the reception. Because of time, heat, and humidity, we only had like 5 minutes, but these shots were SO worth it all!
Reception!


Yummy cupcakes.

Keepin' it old school with Brides' parent's ORIGINAL cake topper. Decided that a flash-eighties picture would honor it's true value best. :)

Speeches. My, oh, my. Were these some funny speeches. 
Much applause, bridal party, much applause.

The cutting-of-the-{cup}-cake.

Dances. (My favorite pictures of the reception). Also, a few of these have definitely made it into my first-dance hall of fame. Beautiful moments.

First, Topher holds back the tears recalling childhood memories with his mom.
Mother-Son Dance
Beautiful, beautiful moments between La Nita and her dad during the Father-Daughter Dance.
First dance!
This picture makes me sigh every time. Stunning.
And the grand exit {escape}!
... and they lived happily ever after. The End.


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Haley, I just hope I can afford you when my time comes to need engagement & wedding pics done!! Love these! Love all your stuff!
    Caitlin Horne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, I know you will value them more and more as time goes on. Beautiful bride and handsome groom. No prejudice here.

    Grams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be getting married in April 2012. I absolutely want you to do my wedding! We'll talk soon :D

    You have such an amazing gift!

    Miranda Joiner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Miranda! I would be delighted!

    ReplyDelete