12.29.2010

Mini Session | Tess Harper

My 5D Mark II came with free over-night delivery. Yes, please.

I had already made plans to hang out with my dearest friend, Tess Harper, the day of the camera's delivery, and I secretly wished in my heart that it would arrive in time for me to use it for a mini session with her.

10:30 a.m., I sit sleepy-eyed on our living room couch, restless from excitement, and am startled by a very powerful knock on the door. My heart must have literally stopped, and I know for certain the mail delivery man thought I was crazy. I opened the door and greeted him with an utterly girlie "OH MY GOSH, I'M SO EXCITED!", as though he were in my circle of friends, or even knew what the precious package in his hands meant to me.

Needless to say, I ran into the bedroom squealing, screaming, jumping (startling my husband a bit, I'm sure). We plugged the battery in and waited. I read through the mini-manual, hopped on my computer and admired (for the umpteenth time) other photographer's pages who utilize the 5D Mark II. (This is a regular practice. I love people. I love gawking over the creativity and excellence of those leading the way before me. It gives me hope and this incredible boldness to try new things and reach for the stars.)

My day with Tess was ridiculously perfect.
1:30 p.m. Eggnog Lattes from Starbucks, paired with giggly excitement of new-camera-slash-so-happy-to-see-you-slash-awesome-day-ness.
2:00 p.m. Cupcakes at Hello There Cupcake (Adorable!)
2:30 p.m. NARNIA in 3D (which we might have experienced better in 2D, but were still not disappointed!)
4:00 p.m.ish Photo Session HAPPINESS with the 5D Mark II

Enjoy, my friends.



 I was so happy to nail this shot.






 We're five. We know.
 Work it, work it.

Pin It!

1 comment: