11.05.2010

Senior Session | Jonathan Miller

So, I'm going to be completely honest. The first couple of times I shot Senior Sessions for guys, I was extremely nervous before-hand, and equally floored at the results each time. It's just really difficult to find senior pictures of guys that aren't terribly cheesy, and I didn't want to be "that" photographer. Early on in the sessions, however, I was able to get these guys to loosen up a bit (and I think showing them how model-esque their pictures were turning out also helped!).

I now love doing Senior Sessions--guys or girls. These shoots have become some of my absolute favorites. :)

Jonathan was incredibly shy and could not force a smile to save his life. He found a method, though, and I ended up getting some really great shots of post-cheesy-smile genuine smiles.

I was able to implement some weird poses I had studied/invented for guy portraits, and Jonathan was a trooper, executing each one very naturally!

Thanks so much, Jonathan!

Enjoy.




{Super love this shot.}







{The light was reflecting off of a building in front of him, and landing on the stairs. Perfect situation for some old-school dramatic lighting. 
Reminds me of an old film.}







{Love all of these by the bridge.}






{Love this shot, definitely one of my favorites.}






Have a great day, everyone!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, chica! Keep up the fantastic work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are prob some of my favorite so far:))
    Jonathon looks great!
    Keep up the great work Haley:)

    ReplyDelete