12.01.2012

MARRIED // DANIEL & ALANNA

As I sit down to write this blog (Lightroom currently exporting over two hundred pictures for this "Sneak Peek"), I am having a seriously hard time deciding what all to say. So, if you're here to see the pics--because who really visits a photographer's page to read their rantings?--you have my permission to scroll on by this introduction. But you may not want to. Because some of the pictures hidden beneath your screen right now just need explaining.

Like, for instance, one of my favorite wedding reception memories of all time. At a point in the reception when the dancing was free and spirits (of both sorts) high, the band decided to call a dancing competition to the stage. Pulling the bride, mother of the groom, and some lovely bridesmaids to the dance floor, this MC made Epic Wedding Moments history. I have to commend these ladies on not holding back... not one bit. The crowd went WILD... especially for Ms. Mother of the Groom (who I have to say received the bulk of the cheering, mine included). To top this off, the groom debuted his mad dancing skills--followed by [nothing less would have sufficed] his Grammy-worthy performance of "Yeah" by Usher. If I only had that recording to paint his moment more clearly for you. I don't think my shutter could have clicked faster. It was certainly an experience I felt proud to be holding a camera for.

It's rare that I reference a wedding by the reception. You know me--romance, sunlight, sweet moments of intimacy and the kind of proud, quiet love we all dream of.

Well, no fear, sweet fans... Daniel and Alanna couldn't have been more obviously in love. Heart-meltingly in love. And their ceremony--oh, their ceremony.

As it goes on the typical wedding day, I reach the ceremony with this inner-concoction of excitement for the portraits I've just captured and anxiousness as the 'big' events of the day are about to unfold. Getting my gear together and my game-face on, I sit in the balcony walking through my plan for the ceremony.

Then my mind stops. And my spirit leaps. And my heart sings.

The words of "How He Loves" ring through the walls of the sanctuary. The hubbub of the guests entering below me, I sit alone in the balcony and close my eyes to savor this moment. Tears swell as I hum along to a song recognizing the Greatest Love of All. Oh, how He loves us. He loves us so. I thank my sweet Savior for this love and this moment and these people and this job and stand to capture these timeless moments unfold.

The bridal party walks into "You're Beautiful" by Phil Wickham.
The room stands and inhales as Alanna walks into:

When we arrive at eternity's shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your Bride will come together and we'll sing

You're beautiful.


I don't know if I've ever fought back tears so fervently. My arms firm and my hands steady, I breathe deep to capture this moment both on camera and in my heart. Ceremonies will never be the same. Every time a bride graces that isle she's dreamed of her whole life, I will be singing this verse in my heart.

And so, friends, I think I've written enough here and yet not even the entirety of that day. But the pictures will serve more than their purpose and you'll get a glimpse into what this very grateful photographer got to experience.

//

Vendor Credits:
Buzzy Craftery
(Floral, decor, coordination, and so many more things!)
Roswell United Methodist Church
(Ceremony)
Keter and Lael True
(Worship)
The Brickyard
(Reception)
Zest Atlanta
(Catering)
Anne Kathleen Cakes
(Wedding Cakes!)
Nu-Sol Atlanta
(Band & MC)

Also, be sure to visit Daniel & Alanna's suhweet wedding website:
http://alanna.and.danielaverso.com

//

Daniel and Alanna,
Just wow. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this special day. My hope is that these images will bring back all of those special memories--the excitement, the celebration, the intimate and crazy moments alike! You two were a joy to work with--and a delight to capture. Your wedding day was a treasure from start-to-finish... and even now, going through the photos, I was all-in with my emotions--my hands eagerly typing away as I wished my computer to upload these images faster! I pray the pictures are all you hoped they would be and I can only imagine the life they will carry for years and years to come! Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. I wish you a lifetime of happiness together. May you always remember the love you shared now... may you always "kiss like you invented it". God's richest blessings on your journey together.

//






Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL wedding and fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Haley, these are really beautiful. wonderful job, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't stop looking at these. just can't stop. so worth every second of planning, and I can not even BEGIN to thank you for your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haley,

    God has trully given you an eye for this girl. You did such a wonderful job!! Kudos my friend!!

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  5. These images are great! You can tell how into each other this couple is and it is so sweet when a photographer can capture that so perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can anyone tell me what dress she's wearing?! Im dying to know :) kenzieneel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos are unbelievable. You are so talented. They truly captured a memorable evening. We were the fortunate ones to cater this awesome reception. Love all of the photos of our food. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete