2.07.2012

SWEET TOOTH // BABY GEORGIA

I had the honor of capturing Baby Georgia's first experience with cake (and well, sugar, at that).

It was certainly one of the most entertaining experiences I've had to date. She was reflexively terrified of the cake at first, but once she warmed up to it... she warmed up to it! By the end of the session, she was COVERED and having so much fun making a mess (and indulging in the chocolate cake) in the meantime.

It's an amazing thing to witness the growth of a child. I have been able to photograph the anticipation of Georgia's arrival (maternity pictures), her newborn photos, and now she is one year old... I can hardly believe it! I'm sure it's only an ounce of the wonder that parents feel.


Photographically, this is by far my favorite baby session to date. There's something so experiential and organic about these photos--like I wasn't even in the room. They are also about as close to film as I can get shooting digital, gracias to Pro VSCO Film Presets. I wont do this every time, but for those wondering about the process, this session was shot against a blank wall in their dining room... very little window light, and no indoor lighting. Shot with a 5D Mark II and a 50mm 1.2 lens. Predominately shot at f/2.5, ISO 1600. RAW files edited in Lightroom 3 with VSCO Film Presets: Fuji 400H, Faded+, Fuji Fading/Toning, and a bit of Orange Skin Fix.

//

Phillip and Jill, you have been extraordinary parents from the first time I met you--Georgia wasn't even here yet, but you were both so excited and pumped about having her! It was a wonderful experience to get to see you as brand new parents, still figuring out what each cry means--fascinated by every new expression she made. And most recently, it was all smiles and laughter watching you interact with Georgia and her continually developing personality! She is just as contagious to be around as the two of you--and I have no doubt that your journey as parents is going to continue in the direction it has started--full of love and joy. Thank you for setting an example for those around you. You truly have a beautiful family! I'm so excited about continuing to document your growth!



















Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. awwe! sooo precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeek! cutest thing ever. my favorite has to be the one where she is hidden behind the giant cupcake. too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little Georgie and lovely pictures!!

    ReplyDelete