2.21.2012

ONE FRAME // DREW & MOLLIE

Since first working with them on Abbie's wedding, I have fallen in love with the Suskay family. I mean it when I say it, these people are the best I have ever met at celebrating life-long love. Their smiles, laughter, and dancing are all just so contagious--it was pure joy photographing their daughter's wedding.

That being said, when Ms. Suskay contacted me in the fall about photographing the wedding of their daughter, Mollie, I just knew I couldn't pass up the opportunity of working with their wonderful family again. Don't get me wrong--the choice was definitely hard; Mollie's wedding would be the SIXTEENTH wedding in-a-row I would shoot between the beginning of September and the end of November... (and, yes, if you do the math that's 16 weddings in 12 weekends... back to back).

My husband and I had a very unexpected and painful obstacle to endure at the beginning of December, leading us into the chaos of the holiday season, and by the time the new year rounded the corner, I was just starting to plow through all of the fabulous memories I captured at the end of 2011. Let me tell you--there is no better way to start off a new chapter in your life than by revisiting all the Lord has blessed you with in the last one. Although the workload was [more than] stressful, I was continually reminded--with each edit--of the faithfulness of God and His goodness that allowed me to connect with so many wonderful people last year... Mollie and Drew are certainly included in that group.

//

Mollie and Drew,
I just pray that the pictures do justice to what a romantic (candle-lit!) and FUN evening your wedding was. You two both exuded such a joy--and although it was indeed the Big Day, I have a feeling you exude that same joy every day. Thank you so much for allowing me to capture such a momentous occasion in your life. I certainly believe in you. You both seem to make the other [that much more] happy, and I know that with the two of you as one, you are certain to bring that same presence to those you encounter on life's journey. I pray that 2012 is one amazing year and kicks off a lifetime of joy and happiness!

//

Isn't this just a magical candle-lit ceremony?



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment