2.15.2013

PROPOSAL STORY // DAVID & CHELSEA

This is a completely different post for me altogether... I'm not even sure where to start.

//

My little sister is the most incredible, talented, awesome young woman on this planet. We have grown up singing together in church, shared interests in piano and photography and guitar, had many heart-to-hearts in the car, and naturally--as siblings do--argued like crazy as kids. But she's always been the perfect sister to me, and I was positive I would never approve of a man for her. Ever.

Enter David. When Chelsea started talking about this David kid, I remember having to refrain myself from the awkward, self-imposing advice of "You better keep him--I think he might be the one. Seriously, though." And I meant it. And I want to say that I knew it from the very beginning. To be incredibly cliche, but equally as sincere, David is a man after God's own heart. The respect, joy, and affirmation he brought my little sister through this journey of loving her has been more than admirable--it has been inspiring and challenging. I would get in the car with my husband (Justin) after hanging out with David and Chelsea and immediately say "I just love them together."

I could go on and on, but I guess I should get to the "picture part" considering that's likely why you've visited my website in the first place.

Chelsea had been planning a photo shoot with David for quite some time now. We finally settled on a date and set things in motion. David stayed the night with Justin and I the night prior (he and Justin have become close friends to my absolute delight), and just happened to mention how he might propose to Chelsea during the session... to which I replied "Uh, that's kind of something I need a heads-up about, you know." And so we set in motion that at the end of the session, I would set the stage for David to propose and photograph it as it happened. We started out in a cute patch of pine trees and open field near Lanes Packing, and headed to Plantation Farms for the end of the session (because I knew that's where Chelsea has talked about getting married for years now). Even as we stepped onto the property, she declared "I am so getting married here." Little did she know...


//

David and Chelsea,
I mean what I said. You two are absolutely incredible. All I can think to say are all of the cheesiest things... I knew it from the beginning, you two are made for each other, you were meant-to-be, you complete each other... yada, yada. But for real: you two are a shining light to so many relationships that look on. You may not be perfect, but the Lord has gone before you and behind each of you, He is constantly working in you and will work through you to encourage and strengthen one another as your journey continues. I cannot wait to see what that looks like, and can't wait to celebrate with you on your wedding day. I pray God's peace and guidance over you. I am so proud of both of you and so grateful to have captured this occasion. Thanks for making me a part.

//
May the strength of God pilot us;
May the wisdom of God instruct us,
May the hand of God protect us,
May the word of God direct us.
Be always ours this day and for evermore.
-- St. Patrick


//






Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I just cried, Haley. These are beautiful! These pictures are sooo sweet! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I remember talking with you before David & Chels were actually dating, and you were like, "I think this guy is the one." Man, you're good! :) But seriously, these pictures are too stinkin awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect! Beautifully done, Haley! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, SO lovely! :) What a wonderful thing to be able to be a part of such a special day in your sister's life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic resource that you point out here, happy to see such informative stuff.
    Thanks a lot for sharing. I appreciate your hard efforts.
    Good luck!

    Best 3D Printers:
    B9 Printer

    B9 3D Printer

    B9 Core 550

    B9 Creator v1.2

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete