7.06.2011

CREATIVE SESSION // VINTAGE LOVELINESS / MORGAN

Lovely.

There's really no other word to describe it. Morgan and I giggled all the way through the perfectly sun-lit session. We share a love for all things vintage, classy, elegant, nostalgic--well, you get the picture. There are some people who, despite their nervousness, seem to have an ease in front of the camera. Morgan is definitely one of those people, and it won't take you long to recognize that.

Now, although we already discussed the obnoxious frequency of this characteristic, Morgan, in many lights, has a striking resemblance to Zoe Dechanel. So, in honor of this post I would like you to hum along to one of my favorite albums by She & Him - {click here}. Let the vintage melodies sweep you right into this session.

And have a wonderful evening, friends.








 { So, funny story about this next section. I decided the afternoon of the session that I was going to create my first hand-made headband. So, I go to the local craft store and buy some feathers, teal leather string, twine, and moss. Yes, moss. I decided that moss would be a neat natural-looking fill in for the band, and was SUPER excited as I was thinking up the composition on the way home. Although there were no real flowers in the store, the moss, (and I discovered this upon opening the plastic bag), was REAL. Which, by the way, live plants+super glue=big messy failure. I was relentless, however, and found a way to make this lovely, but not-so-durable, headpiece. It will at least live forever in pictures. Not to mention, I am now one craft smarter than before. Trial and error, friends. ;) }
















 { Another short story. Upon our planning (my daydreaming) of a workstation for me, my husband surprised me and bought an adorable floral lamp and a chair to match. The floral lamp had a FABULOUS, yet massive, green, vintage lamp shade--that which was of no use once I purchased the desk (hardly twice the size of the shade). So, I decided it would be a cute photo prop. I had some ideas. Morgan looked at me like I was crazy. But, I must admit these shots came out adorable. Yay, hubby! Yay, Morgan! }

 {Quite frankly, I wish I had 5 hours (or more) everyday to enjoy like this next arrangement of images. Just sayin.}















La fin.

.   .   .

Dress {1} : Charlotte Russe
 Dress {2} : H&M
Dress {3} : ModCloth





Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these pictures! You have no idea how often I sit down and look at your work!

    ReplyDelete